Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Buah Mencupu.

Assalamualaikum WBT,

Good evening and a very Happy Sunday evening, and guess what is the day for tomorrow? Monday eyh? Whatever it is, happy Monday in advanced.

My mum would always be a thoughtful mum and she bought this for us. I do not really know what is its scientific name for this but we here, called this thing "Buah Mencupu". Its sweet soury and its very really nice. I love it.

This is Mencupu.




Well, the mak cik who sells this buah is living not far from our home and we very glad that mum bought these buah for us. I have searched the internet for this buah in English, sadly, I do not find it and I would be very grateful if someone could give me more information on this fruit. I would love to know its name in English language so that I could put it into my vocabulary bank/mental lexicon. Hehe...

Okay? that is all, I will find more information about anything and I will be posting it here.

Assalamualaikum WBT

p/s: This buah is hard to find, really.

9 comments:

  1. oh bentuknya nya iras2 buah mangis cuma kalernya yg berbeza...err rasanya mcm mana bro? ada rasa mcm manggis tak?

    p/s: mohon jawab dlm BI :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first of all, thank you leakedknowledge for commenting on my blog here. The taste is sort of like manggis/mangosteen but it has slightly different taste to it. The colours of these fruits are different too.

    p/s: dah jawab dalam bi dah.. okay tak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is how you peel the buah? Ya Allah.. hahaha i just chopped it..

    Agreed with you, this buah kind of 'rare'..

    bermusim kot..

    ReplyDelete
  4. azstory : yup, that is how my mum taught me to eat this buat, haha, chopped? wow... yup, it is rare, seasonal.hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I siap panjat lagi pokok nie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I siap panjat lagi pokok nie

    ReplyDelete
  7. for me, it tastes like a very intense orange flavour. like orange x 100= cupu (with a hint of mangosteen aroma). first time eating cupu, I fell in love, hard. save some seeds to grow them. I definitely will have a few cupu plant soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup... the taste was a little bit unique but it was okay actually. tasty.

      Delete